I am blown away to be nominated for this award twice in one week! Many thanks to blogwithshreya for this nomination 😊 When I started blogging, I figured I would just write my story, share my thoughts, and see what pops off. To my surprise, people were reading my posts and even coming back each week to read more 🙂 So I am sending high fives across the internet to all my readers and the blogging community for your continued support! You all amaze me!
Since I nominated 11 people in my previous post, and I am a fairly new blogger, I don’t even know 11 additional bloggers I could nominate for this award. So I am going to go off on a tangent and tag 11 new people on my Instagram that I hope will share one or more things they love about themselves. We gotta spread love not germs! If you’d like, you can follow me on Instagram @delicate.and.brutal.
Questions blogwithshreya Would Like to Know About Me:
1. Who is your biggest inspiration and why? My grandmother. I have always seen her as a woman full of grace and dignity and I strongly admire that about her. I can only hope to one day live up to a fraction of the grace and dignity she exemplifies.
2. What are the three things you can’t live without? My nivea lip balm, my Epipens, and clean underwear. I can’t stand to have dry or cracked lips and there’s no substitute for Nivea’s moisture lip balm in my opinion. I literally need my Epipens to save my life during a severe allergic reaction so that has to make the list. And NO ONE needs to smell dirty drawers! I gotta feel fresh and clean down there!
3. Which is your favorite book and why? People I Want to Punch in the Throat by Jenn Mann. Her writing style, use of F bombs, and humor are right up my ally! Let’s face it, all of us have someone in mind we wish we could punch in the throat. 😏
4. What would you do if you get a chance to become invisible for one day? I would go places that I otherwise wouldn’t have access to if I weren’t invisible. I would start off in the kitchen of a restaurant to make sure no one did anything gross to my food. And if they did, I’d shove their face in it. Next I would go to a trauma hospital operating room to watch a trauma surgery, then to the morgue to watch an autopsy (hopefully not of the person I just watched the operation on.) And just for shits and giggles, I would end my day by knocking the snacks I wanted out of a vending machine at a car dealership and eating them as people watched.
5. What is your favorite time of the day and why? Dusk. The sky is painted in vibrant colors, my belly is full of food, and my ass is clean after taking a shower. This is usually the time of day I try to slow down and relax. What’s not to love about all of that?!
6. What would you tell your younger self? Let go of the notion that everything in life will be fair. Not everyone in life gets what they deserve and not everyone deserves what they get.
7. What is your favorite food? Chocolate! I love sniffing it, licking it, fondling it, and looking at it! Hell I was potty trained with chocolate! Sounds like I have a perverse fixation with chocolate. 🤣 I would slather myself in chocolate if it were socially acceptable! Did I mention how much I ❤ chocolate?!
8. What according to you, are the three qualities a person should possess and why? Honesty, Gratitude, and Respectfulness. I don’t think any relationship can exist without these three traits. We have all been in some type of relationship that has ended due to lies or disrespect. We were all taught manners as children so showing a little gratitude when people help you or support you shouldn’t be difficult to continue as adults. If we all told the truth, said “thank you”, and treated everyone we meet with a little respect, our world could be a much better place.
9. Why did you start blogging? For most of my adult life I have been told that I should write about my life stories and experiences. Apparently my life is both entertaining and shocking to people. After my health took an unexpected turn and I could no longer work, I decided to try this blog as a creative outlet.
10. What are you passionate about? Safety! I know what a dork. 😜🤓 But everyone needs to feel safe-both physically and emotionally. It burns me up when people and/or animals get hurt because someone was callous in not taking their safety seriously.
11. If you had to live anywhere in the world, where would it be? In my previous post I mentioned Norway. This time around I am going to go with Italy. More specifically, either Genoa or Naples in Italy. The climate there is similar to what I am already used to, healthcare is excellent, the food is mmm mmm good, and the ability to travel quickly to other European countries would be the icing on the cake 😀