I was surprised and honored to be nominated by Helen from crispy confessions for the Outstanding Blogger Award. 🤗 It is such a huge compliment for a fellow blogger to like my posts! 😀 If you don’t already have the pleasure of following crispyconfessions, she is a lifestyle blogger who writes about books, parenting, multilingualism, and has a strong social media presence on Instagram and Twitter. You can follow her blog here.
1. Provide a link to the creator’s original award post.
2. Answer the questions provided.
3. Create 7 unique questions.
4. Nominate up to 10 bloggers.
5. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination.
6. Now let’s continue to support and cheer each other throughout 2021 for the Outstanding Blogger Award!
Questions by crispyconfessions:
1. Tell us your 2021 goals for your blog. My goal is just to keep blogging and sharing my story for those who want to read it. I blog as a hobby so there’s no pressure on myself. I don’t set or have any expectations for likes or followers on my blog. I just go with the flow and have enjoyed the ride so far. If I don’t have fun blogging then what would be the point?
2. How do you plan on implementing your goals for your blog in 2021? By doing just what I have been doing. I write a new post weekly about whatever tickles my fancy and publish it every Sunday evening.
3. What inspires you to write your blogs? Usually whatever personal or medical events that have occurred recently or are weighing on my mind. Sometimes I am inspired by an article I have read on a topic that I can relate to.
4. Why did you begin your blog? I have been told most of my adult life that I should write a book or go on Oprah to share my life story. 😄 Apparently the events of my life have been quite fascinating to those who know me. After much encouragement from G and some of my friends, I started blogging as an outlet for sharing my personal and medical experiences. And Voila! Delicate and Brutal was born.
5. What have you learned about yourself in writing your blogs? I never viewed myself as having any artistic talent of any kind. I can’t paint or draw to save my life. I always saw myself as this methodical, detailed, logical chick. But I have discovered a creative side in my writing that I never knew existed. I’m digging this artsy fartsy part of me! 😁😎
6. What would you change about your blog? I wouldn’t currently change anything about my blog. I write in my own voice, at a consistent schedule that works for me, and people actually read my blog. What more could I want?
7. How do you feel about collaborating on your blog? I usually don’t commit to collaborating with others on my blog mostly because my health is so unpredictable. I don’t think it would be fair to have to back out of a working commitment with another blogger at the last minute as frequently as I get sick or end up in the hospital. Plus my blog is very specific to my medical and personal experiences so that’s not really a niche that is conducive to collaboration.
I am leaving the same 7 questions for my nominees. Here they are:
I also like to leave these award nominations open to any writer who wants to participate. I think every blogger is outstanding for sharing their story! So if you want to answer the same questions I answered above, I look forward to reading your answers and getting to know you more! 🙂