Thank you so much Amethyst from love.inspire.learn for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It is truly humbling and an honor to be recognized by other bloggers. 😊Amethyst is an aspiring artist and graphic designer with a passion for reading, learning, and writing, as well as inspiring others. Please follow this amazing blogger and artist here.
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from Amethyst:
1. Who inspires you and why? I have been inspired by my grandmother since I was a child. Throughout my life I have watched her love her family unconditionally, go out of her way to help those in the community, and suffer the terrible tragedy of her oldest son passing away on Mother’s day. When things went wrong she didn’t complain. Instead she found ways to handle them with a level of grace and strength that is truly admirable.
2. What does your morning routine look like? I wake up around 7am, pee, do my breathing treatments, eat breakfast, take my morning meds, clean myself up, and throw on some clothes. Usually by this time the cats have had their breakfast too so I get a few giggles in as I watch them zoom around upstairs while I either read or throw in laundry.
3. What is your favorite book and why? “People I want to punch in the throat” by Jen Mann. This book just makes me laugh so hard my cheeks hurt. I think all of us have met certain people and asked ourselves “WTF is wrong with you?” These ninnies infuriate you so much you just wish you could punch them (whether you want to openly admit that or not.) Jen Mann’s writing style is very informal and she drops F bombs throughout the book which adds a spiciness that I personally enjoy. 😁
4. What is your dream job? I don’t really have a dream job. I can’t work anymore because of my medical conditions so I don’t really think about “dream jobs” anymore. But I do hope and dream about other things like being able to travel again, staying out of the hospital, and dressing up to go out to eat at our favorite restaurants. 😊
5. What do you want to learn this year? I would like to become fluent in French this year. I learned quite a bit of French in 2020 and can read it pretty well but I haven’t practiced speaking it enough. I would also like to start learning Russian this year.
6. What is your writing routine like? I typically write over the weekend and post every Sunday evening. If I have several different ideas hit me at once, I will write a few drafts and save the editing for the weekend.
7. Are you a lark, owl or hummingbird? I don’t give a hoot about this question so I will choose owl.
8. If you had to rename yourself, what would it be and why? I wouldn’t voluntarily choose to change my name because it’s part of what makes me…well…me. But say I HAD to change it for life or death reasons or to get a lifetime supply of free chicken nuggets, fries, and milkshakes. Or I needed a fake passport and a bug out bag. Then I would change it to Savina. Yes that’s what I named our cat. But the name Savina in Russian has a meaning of providing comfort. And I like that.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you go? It’s a toss up between Norway and Italy. Norway is so clean and friendly but it is cold and expensive. G and I just loved our trip to Norway-it was easy to see why people loved living there. Italy is on my list because of its proximity to traveling to other European countries, its weather and cost of living are similar to where I currently live, and the food is awesome. Good food is a priority for me! 😄 I would either want to live in the Naples area or nothern Italy around Genoa.
10. What do you want to be remembered for? For being me. I don’t pretend to be anyone else.
11. What is your happiest memory? Traveling with G. My two favorite trips have been to Norway and Costa Rica. Both are beautiful countries with friendly people and lots of things to do. Cruising the Norwegian fjords and kayaking in the Gerainger fjord were very memorable experiences. Staying in a villa in the Costa Rican rainforest with a view of the Arenal Volcano was relaxing and unforgettable. Zip lining through the rain forest was so much fun and something I will never forget!
I think every blogger spreads a little sunshine! So if you want to answer the same questions above and spread a little more sunshine across the blogging community, I would love to read your answers and learn more about you. 😀🌻